Sunday, June 3, 2007

38 wks and counting....

The good news is that the baby has dropped - this is a good sign that things will happen in the next 2 wks or so - then again, we probably could have predicted that anyway.... The bad news is that at the moment he is sunny-side up - this could spell a long and painful labor - oh no!!! Thankfully there is still plenty of time for him to turn around the right way, and I am doing what I can to encourage him. The chiropractor might be of some help as well - I have been visiting her weekly lately and she has been such a godsend keeping me comfortable! Maybe she will have a trick up her sleeve to get the baby in the right position??

We did a trial run with our inflatable pool last night - it worked out great right in the middle of the dining room! The dimmer I put in made for really nice mood lighting for a relaxation practice, and I think the dogs were even more hypnotized than me - Lucy was laying completely on her back and couldn't be bothered to get up for over an hour! At least she and Giggles weren't trying to jump in the water with me!

We did our 38 wk belly pics - see the link at the right. I wanted to do some professional maternity pictures, but we are going to save the money for the newborn pics instead. I don't really like the way the ones we did tonight turned out, so later this week I think we'll go to the park and try to do some that don't have the neighbor's minivan in the background! Even though the artistic quality hasn't been great, I am glad that we took the time to document the changes as each month went by. It will be fun to put them all in a row in the baby book.

1 comment:

Michal said...

It's amazing how you can still look so beautiful while being as big as a house.