Friday, June 15, 2007

Its gonna be soon!!!

Now I am probably jinxing myself to 2 more weeks of pregnancy, but my prediction is sometime within the next 3-4 days. The midwife was just over and did an internal exam - the first one I've had. I was just too curious to hold out anymore - and I really wanted to know if all the contractions I've been having have been doing anything. Well, I am 90% thinned out and 3 cm dilated (out of 10). For those unfamiliar with these things, that is really moving along - usually by 4-5 cm, you are in labor pretty hard and heavy. So I am totally ecstatic! Of course, it is not unheard of to walk around 3 cm dilated for a couple weeks...but with all the other signs and symptoms, I don't think that will happen. I am just going to put my feet up and rest tonight and try to hold out until my mom gets here tomorrow night, and then maybe on Sunday we'll go play a round of golf and get things really going! We will call the immediate family when we are for sure in labor, unless it is the middle of the night, in which case we'll wait until a somewhat decent hour. And once its all over we'll get the news out as soon as we can... YAY BABY!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a quick, safe, and happy labor, Holly! I can't wait to hear all about how you brought your son into this world. I hope this is it for you!