Saturday, July 24, 2010

5 weeks

Asher is five weeks old today. Sorry for the lack of posting - its very busy with two kids!

After my mom went home, we had about a week to ourselves and then Grandpa Mike and Grandma Coralie visited. We went to the Minnesota Children's Museum. Greg and I had gone about 6 mths ago and he was not quite ready for a lot of it. What a difference 6 mths makes! He was totally into it! Gma and Gpa enjoyed getting acquainted with Asher too! I think there are better pics on their camera though - like ones with Gma!


Remember that we had gotten a huge birthday cake for Gregory but Asher ended up being born on the day we were going to bring it to the park to share with our friends? Well we finally got another chance, so he finally got to have his song and blow out his candle! He's official now...


And lastly, some baby pics. I was looking back at pics of Gregory from the same ages. The two of them do look a lot different, though I can see some similarities. Well, they ARE related... Asher seems to be less expressive than Gregory, or else I just have less time to sit and take pictures of him! Honestly, though, he sleeps a lot more, and is a much more mellow kid in general. I am not complaining, in fact, its amazingly wonderful! But I am still waiting for that first real smile! I think Asher might just have a little bit of a serious personality. We'll just have to see how he comes along! We did get him a pacifier and a swing. We are pretty against baby gadgets, but the swing allows me to set him somewhere safe and comforting when I have to tend to Gregory, like to take him to the bathroom or get him down for a nap. So far, so good! Asher seems to like it pretty well, but not as much as being held, of course. I mentioned he is laid back, well as long as he is being held! But even when he is unhappy, his complaints are just little squawks, not the screaming we experienced last time! Anyway, its getting late, so enjoy the pics, and I'll try to be more consistent with posts! They do grow and change so much in these early days!

1 comment:

Michal said...

OMG Asher is so chubby and cute! And I can't believe Gregory is 3 already. Time flies when... actually, forget any end to that sentence. Time just flies, no matter what I'm doing.