Sunday, August 19, 2007

oops - I forgot to tell you...

Gregory had his 2 month checkup at the doctor. He weighed 11 lbs, 7 oz, and was 23 inches. He was around the 50th percentile for both, so he is perfect, but I could've told you that! Anyway, the doc was very pleased with him and said to keep doin what we're doin. I did ask about Greg's hatred of riding in the car, but he had no suggestions other than to hope that he grows out of it - thanks a lot! So I put it to you - has anyone else ever heard of a baby that loathes car trips?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

carlie HATED to ride in the car for a long time. i just gave her a pacifier and she tended to fall asleep. she grew out of it around 4 months but here's something to try - adjust the incline of the car seat. there is a 'window' of correct alignment that you can play in. a bit more upright, or a bit more reclined may make a difference. good luck!
autumn

Anonymous said...

How funny! The previous poster is named Autumn too - what're the odds? My oldest daughter hated the car until she was - dare I tell you for how long? - around 14 or 15 months old. I learned to time my trips so she'd be either asleep or very well-nursed and content for 15 minutes or so. I really just avoided trips as much as I could when she was tiny!