Friday, September 19, 2008

Trip to the Zoo

We often go to the zoo, since we have an annual pass, but we don't often take many pictures. This past week we went with some friends and did whip out the cameras! Our little toddlers have been growing up together and it is so much fun!

Left to right: Etta, Gregory and Lici. This is Etta's wagon and she was kind enough to share it - good thing Greg is still small or he wouldn't have fit in the middle!
From 2008 09 16


Nurse that toddler - any time, any place!
From 2008 09 16


The newest exhibit is a butterfly house, which was so cool! The most beautiful butterflies and moths everywhere you looked!
From 2008 09 16
From 2008 09 16


Whoa, one flew right in front of us - see it on the left! Still loving the babywearing!
From 2008 09 16


In the aquarium - I was trying to get him to do his fishy mouth impression - he did it for a second, but he was really pretty distracted in the awesome shark tunnel.


I do have to tell you, I had a bunch of awesome pics and videos that accidentally got erased a few days ago - I was nauseous over it! I am working on replacing the videos since they were of things he does a lot, like his signs. We are headed to Minneapolis this weekend so there will no doubt be many great photo ops!

Last but not least, the developmental news. We went in for Greg's 15 month check up yesterday. He weighed 19 lbs 4 oz, which was a gain of about 3 lbs in 3 months - pretty good! He was a generous 28 inches tall, up only a half inch (if that.) So that puts him just barely under the curve for weight and pretty far under for height - I guess he takes after my side of the family in that dept! He might catch up later, but there's nothing wrong with being short! I bought him some footie pajamas since we've had a couple of cool nights, and they are 12-18 month size - they fit him totally fine except his feet only make it about down to the knees! Oh well!!! Also it seems I have forgotten to mention it, but you may have noticed the absence of the binki in the photos for a while now - thats because he gave it up! We have been binki-free for a couple of months now - what happened was that we actually lost them all, and then I realized we hadn't used it in a day or two so we just decided to see if we could survive without. Lo and behold, it was no problem at all! Since then, I have actually found them again and even offered one back to him to see what he'd do, and he played with it a little and then threw it on the floor. I have to say, I am so relieved we got that over with so easily - I was afraid I'd be bribing him to give it up before he went to kindergarten!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of the three "babies" is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. I am a new mom in Omaha and would love any information you can give me about baby sign language. We share so many of the same philosophies (Montessori, sign language...), I would be much obliged to your knowledge. Thanks!! camacharlet@yahoo.com