Monday, September 8, 2008

More About Baby Sign Language

Well I want to try to get some videos of Gregory doing his signs, but in the meantime, check out these promos for the new Baby Signing Time series - I am posting them as part of a contest to win a set of DVDs and CDs. Grandma Bonnie actually gave us a few episodes of the original Signing Time on VHS, and we are really enjoying them - it would be awesome to have the whole set that is especially designed for babies!

Some of you may know that Gregory's Grandma Bonnie is a deaf educator. She grew up signing with her deaf grandparents, so sign has been a family language for a few generations now. Not only is it convenient and fun to teach Greg, I also feel like I am giving him a little piece of his family history. And there is actually more and more research coming out showing that sign can help hearing children improve their language skills and learning aptitude, so there are just so many good reasons to keep on signing!! Gregory has already reduced his whining a whole lot, and is so happy when he signs to me and gets the results he wants, and he only knows a few signs! I can't wait to keep teaching him more and more and find out what he has to say!


2 comments:

Michal said...

First - great videos! And second, I really like the new "about me" section!

Anonymous said...

I loved learning more about your history of signing! I answered your question on Smart Baby Sign Language today.