Monday, July 16, 2007

First Bottle

I knew it had to happen eventually - Gregory needs to be able to take a bottle. Since breastfeeding has been a little rough at times, we waited until now to try it out. So on Saturday, I expressed some milk and Dan did the honors. Gregory did not protest, but seemed thoroughly confused as I was sitting nearby - he kept looking back and forth between Dan and me as though trying to understand the disconnect. Milk comes from Mommy, but Mommy is over there.... He didn't get much milk out of that darn bottle but didn't seem to be trying too hard either as he wasn't really that hungry. Anyway, it appears that the bottle will not present too much of an issue for the little guy, which is good.

4th wk 006
4th wk 001
4th wk 005

Otherwise, Gregory is really starting to be awake more and make lots of cute facial expressions - mainly from 4 to 5 am. He does nap fairly well throughout the day so I can lay down with him sometimes if I don't have too much else to do. If I don't, it really catches up with me. Dan has been wonderful helping out, even at night on the weekends. He is also feeling the fatigue though...ah, parenthood!
4th wk 008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you all and finally meet Gregory on Saturday! I won't wish his infancy away, but I can't wait for him to be big enough to play with Tyler! :)

Talk to you soon!

Annie

Anonymous said...

Holly... the little man is so handsome!!! =)