Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hungry Baby

So we had a regular checkup on Friday and in spite of all the pie I ate over the holidays, I have lost weight!! I am now below my prepregnancy weight - which is not unusual or problematic, just funny. Apparently baby is hungrier than I have been keeping up with. It seems like I stuff myself at every meal but I can't eat as much as I used to. A half sandwich fills me up now, when I could eat a whole one before. It seems like I'm eating every 2 hours though!! But the seat of my pants just keeps getting baggier and my belly keeps getting bigger! Who am I to complain? At least the baby is getting what he/she needs and is growing just fine. I'm sure the scales will start tipping the other way soon - next month I will probably have gained 10 pounds!! Who knows? Pregnancy is a lesson in the unexpected!

By the way, our ultrasound is scheduled for a week from tomorrow, so we'll have lots to report then!

No comments: