Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BIRTH play opening in Omaha Aug 30th

Hi all - I know many of you who read this blog are not in Omaha, but I am posting this information everywhere I can!! Spread the word to anyone in NE and please consider becoming a sponsor and purchasing an ad in our program. Your regularly scheduled blogging will resume sometime soon - can't promise when - I've been a little busy... But I do have pictures and milestones to share! :) In the meantime, check out www. boldaction.org to see if Birth is performing in an area near you!

Please share, repost, and forward this to as many people as you can! We are also accepting ads for the program through Monday Aug 25th. Thanks!!!

Birth a play by Karen Brody - touring NE Aug/Sept 2008
www.freewebs.com/boldnebraska


Birth
is a dramatic, funny, touching, and thought-provoking piece that examines the importance of giving birth in the lives of women and families. Performances are followed by a talkback panel discussion, which will provide an opportunity to explore the important issue of maternity care in our own community. This program will be valuable to anyone who is interested in honoring mothers and babies by making sure the care they receive at the time of birth is safe and respectful of the sacred nature of this life event. Please share the following information with your members and clients. Let us know if you would like to receive an advertising flyer for display - contact Holly Fix at (402)659-6734. Also please add this event to your weekly newsletter or bulletin, including contact information.

Thank you sincerely!

Holly Fix
BOLD Nebraska Organizer


Performances:

Omaha – UNO Eppley Auditorium
Saturday August 30th 6:30pm
Sunday August 31st 2:00pm

Norfolk – Lifelong Learning Center at NCC
Saturday September 6th 1:00pm

Lincoln – The Loft at the Mill
Wednesday September 24th 7:00pm

Kearney - TBA

"This play must be seen by everyone – parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts. It’s life-changing.”
– audience member, BOLD New York City

Birth is a critically-acclaimed documentary-style play that tells the birth stories of eight women, painting an honest picture of how low-risk, educated mothers are giving birth today.

BOLD is a global arts-based movement inspiring communities to create childbirth choices that work for mothers. Since BOLD’s founding in 2006, education about the issue of options in childbirth - through watching the play Birth and the post-show talkback – has been at the heart of BOLD’s efforts.

Visit our website at www.freewebs.com/boldnebraska for ticketing and sponsorship information.

To obtain an advertising flyer, reply with FAX number, or call Holly at (402)659-6734.

3 comments:

JanelleH said...

I am so glad you are an activist for women, their babies, and midwives. I would like to get involved with getting the message out there, just don't know where I would start because I am new to this whole issue. I wrote you a message on Nebraska Friends of Midwives hoping you could help me. I want to see the play, but are tickets available at the place? It would be too late to send by mail and I don't want to pay for express shipping as my husband and I are still looking for jobs! Hope to hear from you..
Janelle

Michal said...

We saw it tonight in Cinci and loved it! Break a leg. :)

Anne said...

Hey you! I've started my own blog to document the move to Seattle and whatever may follow. :) I linked to your blog from the main page.

http://freeblackberries.blogspot.com/