Friday, October 12, 2007

busy, busy, busy

My goodness the last couple of weeks have been a total whirlwind around here! I can't even remember how many weeks old Gregory is now - I'll have to look it up. Ok, he will be 17 weeks old this Sunday, thats in two more days. Oh my goodness!! He's not technically 4 months old until the 17th, but he is getting so big! I am not sure of his weight but I estimate him to be close to 15 lbs - we'll find out officially on the 25th at his 4 month dr's appointment.

Anyway, as promised, here are more pictures from the baptism weekend.


We bid farewell to Grandma Mary and Grandpa Nick on Monday afternoon, but the activities were just starting to get going for National Midwifery Week. We (Greg and I) have been getting more involved with Nebraska Friends of Midwives, so on Tues, we went to our weekly pot-luck lunch for socializing. Tuesday night we went to a showing of Born in the USA that we helped to organized. That was a good event with some new faces, but as these things tend to go, it was a bit like preaching to the choir. Wednesday a bunch of us trekked out to Lincoln for the Governor's Proclamation Signing. There was an amazing turnout there with people from all over the state. We filled the entire front of the legislative chamber and the Governor was taken by surprise. The picture only shows maybe 1/2 to 2/3 of the people that were there! The whole crew had lunch at Old Chicago with a few midwives and a couple of representatives from some senators' offices too. The energy was amazing with all the families there. As people trickled away it sort of evolved into a mini planning meeting for our Organizational Meeting in November. I am SO excited for the next few months - we are hoping to be able to get some legislation on the agenda for the next session starting in Jan. It feels really great to be teaming up with other passionate people and working towards something we all believe in so strongly. It also keeps me out of trouble (but it keeps me from keeping house too, much to my and Dan's dismay...gotta get more organized...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly! Sorry I have been missing in action for awhile. Things are crazy - an email is in order soon - but I have been reading the blog from time to time and I LOVE all of the Gregory pix. He is so handsome and animated! Glad everything is going so joyously and well. Love to you and yours. xoxoxo