Friday, November 10, 2006

Hello and 9 wk update

Welcome to our website! Hopefully this will help to keep everyone updated about the pregnancy and the baby. By the way, we are due in the middle of June!

For those who haven't heard the story, its been quite a journey getting to this point. After Holly's diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) last spring, we were surprised by a spontaneous pregnancy, which unfortunately became a miscarriage in the middle of July. Thankfully though, with our first round of medication and monitoring at the fertility clinic, we have a healthy pregnancy - just one baby! We are now under the care of Holly's regular midwife and everything looks super so far. We did have a bit of a scare from 4 large ovarian cysts, which were a by-product of the fertility drugs, but they seem to be resolving on their own, and we've been given the go-ahead for mild exercise. Recheck in a week. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to get the ultrasound pictures scanned and posted soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Someday your baby will love to read all about what was going on when he/she was in mommy's tummy :)

Anonymous said...

Holly, Dan (and yes Lucy and Giggles too) - I couldn't be more happy for 2 people. I know it's been a rough road that made you question if it would ever really happen, but faith has prevailed! I'm sure Lucy can't wait to be a "big sister"!

I'm looking forward to more updates!!

Take care,
Cheryl

Michal said...

YAY! I'm so glad you have a blog up, how fun! Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly! Mom left this website up on the computer-its pretty cool! Yeah, I'd like to see those ultrasounds so I guess I'll check back. Well happy pregnancy! =]
love, Audrey

Anonymous said...

We got your "tummy" picture today, Holly. You're beautiful! So fun to see your ultrasound bubble too. We are so excited for both of you. We're anxiously awaiting our first grandchild's arrival. I'm glad you're taking such good care of yourselves. Love, Mom & Dad DLR.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys!! I love you!